REDUCE ENERGY BILLS
Power prices are in the news, prompting some households to take a fresh look at energy consumption. The good news is there's plenty you can do to lower your bills by changing how and when you use energy, and by shopping around for an energy contract which suits your needs.
This guide is about the choices available to you. Every household situation is different and the changes for each household will be different. The best place to start is by understanding how much energy you use each day (and when), as well as which energy saving actions will have the biggest impact in your home.
Things to consider include:
- the size and features of your home
- the energy efficiency of your appliances
- your lifestyle and the times of day you use most power at home
- the way you manage and use the equipment around your home
- your choice of energy retailer and energy contract
Source: Australian Government https://www.energy.gov.au/household-guides/reduce-energy-bills