This dynamic sales team appreciate just how lucky they are to live and work on the beautiful and fast-growing Capricorn Coast.
@ Real Estates is committed to helping their valued clients achieve their dreams and providing the highest standard of service to all of its clients, and the local community.
Buying any property is an exciting time. Not only are you purchasing an awesome asset, but often buying signifies the move toward the next chapter in your life. @ Real Estate will give you the personalised attention you deserve and help you take control of your future. Armed with an advanced range of resources, tools and technology all designed to help you find the perfect property, making the process as easy and enjoyable as possible.
There are a few simple steps you can follow to secure your future. Remember the team at @ Real Estate will be here to help you every step of the way.
Get the Right Advice
It is extremely important you have a team of reliable professionals on your side, and you communicate your intentions clearly with them. True professionals will genuinely want to help you achieve your goals, are easy to work with and bright. Your team should include;
A personal Property Consultant:
A Real Estate Agent that understands what you are looking for and will stop at nothing to find the right property for you.
An amazing Accountant:
A good accountant is worth their weight in gold, and then some. If you intend to buy, sell or rent a property you need to consult your accountant first. You do not want to be paying extra taxes that could have been avoided.
A sassy Solicitor:
It is important to consult your solicitor before signing a contract. A good solicitor will help guide you through the purchasing process and much more.
An experienced Lending Manager or Mortgage Broker:
They will be able to suggest finance options to make your dreams reality, and potentially save you money.
Determine a Budget
Understanding your spending limit is vital when starting to look for your home. It can be very disheartening about choosing your dream home, only to be rejected by the bank because it’s out of your budget.
Meet with your mortgage broker or lending manager to get a ‘pre-approval’. This will give you an estimate on what you can afford. Also, having a pre-approval will give you an idea on your repayments and inform you of any specific lending requirements needed.
Remember; having a pre-approval will not guarantee the bank lending you the money, you will still need to get satisfactory finance. However, it will give you a great idea of what you can expect.
It is also important to keep in mind some costs of buying a home. For example;
- Bank fee’s & charges.
- Any applicable transfer duty fee.
- Building & pest inspection fee.
- Legal fees.
- Insurance fee.
Home Purchase Costs
Below is a Home Purchase Cost plan. Complete to gain a better idea of the funds you need.
Other costs to consider: Gas, Phone, Internet, Insurance, Rates, Maintenance & Repairs, New Appliance/Furniture, Moving etc.
Get to know the areas you are interested in. You may find the suburb profiles on our @ Real Estate Website a great starting point. Walk, run or ride around the areas you are interested in, you will see so much more at the slower pace. You never know, you might even find your dream home.
- Remember if you find a property you are interested in please feel free to contact us. Even if the property is not currently for sale or listed with an agent, we may still be able to show you though that property or something similar.
Find a Real Estate Agent who takes the time to fully understand what you are looking for, work with them to find your ideal property. Alternatively, you may like to search online. To ensure a more efficient search process, use specific search filters. When you find a property you’re interested in, contact your agent to arrange an inspection.
When inspecting a property take your time and have a good look around. Ask your agent any questions you might have.
There are many negotiation strategies, most just waste yours and the sellers time by send everyone on an emotional roller coaster. As the Capricorn Coast property market changes and tightens, it is important you put your best foot forwards so you don’t miss out. We’ve found our best success from;
- Doing your research and working out your budget.
- Take a step back and remember why you are buying.
- Consider the seller’s situation.
- Look for a win, win for everyone. What can you offer to help the seller achieve their goal? You might have enough funds to make a cash offer, so the seller knows they don’t have the risk of you not gaining finance. Or maybe you could offer a larger deposit to show you are keen & demonstrate you have some money behind you, maybe a shorter or longer settlement time would benefit the seller.
- Honesty is the best policy, explain your situation to your Property Consultant.
- The @ Real Estate sales team are local experts and do considerable work behind the scenes to ensure sellers price their property to meet the current market. 40% of @ Real Estates properties sell for full list price or more.
Buying at Auction
Remember, buying at the fall of the hammer on auction day results in a contract of sale without any conditions and without the five-day cooling-off period. Your finance needs to be fully approved and building and pest inspections carried out prior to auction day. Your @ Real Estate Property Consultant can provide you with a copy of the contract at any time during the auction campaign.
Cooling Off Period
From the day you receive a fully signed and dated contract, the five working days cooling-off period begins. This gives you the right to terminate the contract for any reason, even an unconditional contract. A penalty of 0.25% of the purchase price may be charged by the seller.
Building and Pest Inspection
It is always recommended to obtain a building and pest inspection, so you know exactly what you are buying. This can be carried out up until the unconditional date stated on the contract.
If you are obtaining finance, it is during this time your lender will complete the property valuation.
Once all of the conditions on the contract have been satisfied, the contract becomes unconditional.
This is when the seller hands over transfer documents, you pay the contract price and take possession of the keys and property. Time to celebrate in your new home!
Moving Check List
4 to 6 Weeks Before Move
- Plan ahead, clean up and get rid of junk.
- Start to use all the food in your freezer to prevent waste.
- Check your insurance, will it cover the move?
2 Weeks Before Move
- Arrange for disconnection and reconnection of electricity, gas, telephone and water.
- Cancel newspapers, cleaning, gardening, pet grooming etc.
- Pack a small box of items you’ll need for immediate use in your new home such as; change of clothes, medication, toilet paper, soap, towels, kettle, cutlery and snacks.
- Pack and label everything.
The Day Before
- Make or confirm key collection arrangements.
- Defrost and clean your fridge and freezer.
- Do a final check of all storage areas.
- Check that all doors and windows are securely locked as you leave your old home.
- Be sure to keep all valuables, personal effects and important papers with you
These People or Organisations Need to Know You are Moving
- Driver’s License and Vehicle registration.
- Electoral Rolls – State and Federal.
- Friends / Family.
- Finance Companies.
- Health Fund.
- Insurance providers
- Internet service provider.
- Local Council.
- Magazine subscriptions and newspaper deliveries.
- Post Office (arrange for mail to be redirected).
- Schools, Colleges or Universities.
- Sporting, Social and Service clubs.
- Superannuation fund.
- Tax office.
- Telephone company.
Feel free to contact the @ Real Estate team anytime.
We're here to help!
@ Real Estate Yeppoon
20B James Street Yeppoon
(07) 4819 9676