There are many many negotiation strategies out there, a small few are effective, while most just waste the buyer, seller and agents time and send you all on an emotional roller coaster, some will even result in you paying more. We have found our best success by following these simple steps;
- Do your research and work out your budget, so you know how much you can afford to pay.
- Take a step back and remember why you are buying this property, is it business or personal.
- Consider the seller’s situation.
- Look for a win win for everyone. What can you offer to help the seller achieve their goal? For example, you might have enough funds to make a cash offer, so the seller knows they don’t have the risk of you not gaining finance. Or maybe you could offer a larger deposit to show you are keen and demonstrate you have some money behind you, or maybe a shorter or longer settlement time would benefit the seller.
- We find honesty is the best policy, explain your situation to the agent. Communication is the key, keep the lines of communication open and honest.
Talk to our team for more negotiation tip