The Capricorn Coast has become a beacon for people wishing to relocate and claim their relaxed, beach lifestyle. Yeppoon has become one of the top searched locations on the move to more campaign and with multiple Major Projects in different stages of development and planning, it is no wonder more and more people are eager to move to our seaside paradise. These major projects include;
· $3.6M Capricorn Coast Homemaker Centre including Bunnings, Recce Plumbing Supplies, Gus’ Coffee and more, situated on nine hectares of land in town.
· $140M Shoal Water Bay Facility Upgrade for the Australian Defence Force on 454,500 ha. The estimated cost of the project is between $105 to 140 million (excluding GST).
· $121M Bruce Highway Upgrade. Rockhampton Northern Access Upgrade will widen the Bruce Highway to four lanes between Rockhampton Road, Yeppoon Road intersection & Ramsay Creek, north of Rockhampton.
· $415M Rookwood Weir Project. The Rookwood Weir Project forms a key component of the Lower Fitzroy River Infrastructure Project, which seeks to provide the appropriate reliability of water supply to meet needs.
· $1.5 Billion Clarke Creek Wind & Solar Project. Located 200km from Yeppoon. The project is currently in the feasibility phase, construction is planned to commence by the end of 2019 and the project is expected to be operational by late 2022.
· Causeway Lake - The $300,000 feasibility study for the Causeway Lake Revitalization Project
· Keppel Bay Convention and Sporting Hub
· Surf lakes
· Keppel Bay Plaza upgrade
· $23 million grant or the development of Rocky Stadium https://www.michellelandry.com.au/funding-flows-for-rocky-stadium/
These Major Projects in process and development for the Capricorn Coast and surrounding areas offer opportunities for work and for the community to have access to more facilities. They also create the perfect opportunity for tourism to boom in the area. For more information or to keep up to date with news, check out the links below;