Home staging can not only help you increase the perceived value of a property but can also help you lease or sell it faster. The downside is that it can cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, depending on what furniture and decor is required and the duration of hire.
That’s why we’ve come up with 20 simple home staging ideas on a budget to help you out. Let’s dive right in!
- Remove all Personal Items
- Add Mirrors
- Use a Neutral Colour Palette
- Remove any pet hair, furniture, odour and toys from the property
- Partially empty out closets and cupboards
- Organise closets, shelves and cupboards
- Clean, sanitise and declutter
- Tidy up the exterior of the home
- Rearrange the furniture
- Consider decorating seasonally
- Use candles, fragrance diffusers, flowers and soaps
- Set all the tables and bars
- Spruce up the bathroom with white linen
- Create a gender-neutral master bedroom
- Install solar lighting in the garden or pool
- Consider making small changes
- Ensure the entrance of the home is open and inviting
- Tuck away any exposed cables
- Keep your target market in mind
- Use flowers and art
Lastly, be sure to strike a good balance between spacious, clean and lived in. The key is to present the listing in a way that makes prospective buyers and tenants desire the perceived lifestyle. They may not remember exactly what the property looked like but they will remember how it made them feel.
To read the full article Click Here