Choosing the right sales agent for you. After all, most sellers want to achieve the highest possible market price in the shortest possible time with the least hassle, as they should since your home is generally your most valuable asset. This can be a daunting task, especially since Real Estate agents often seem a bit… well like used car sales man. Unfortunately, our industry does have a less than perfect reputation, but really its just like every industry there are many fantastic professional Real Estate Sales Agents that do the right thing and genuinely want to help their clients, and then like many things in life there are a small few who wreck it for the rest. Combine this with the fact that selling a property is something most people only do every 7 to 10 years. Choosing a good Real Estate Sales Agent can easily become a daunting task. To help make this important decision easier below is a list of questions all sellers should be asking any potential Real Estate Sales Agent.
Questions to Ask YOUR Real Estate Sales Agent
- How many listings does the agent have? The less listings the more personal service and attention you and your property will receive.
- What is the agents average number of days on market before a property is sold?
- Will the agent be honest and tell you what you need to hear, not just what you want to hear?
- What is the ‘get it sold’ this weekend price?
- What's the level of buyer interest I should expect per week?
- Do you track how buyers find out about my property?
- What is your marketing plan of attack? How much will it cost me?
- How will I know if the marketing is working?
- How are you going to make my property stand out from others?
- How many open homes will you do?
- Tell me about your open homes - if I was a buyer what could I expect the experience to be like?
- How often will I receive a written report? What information will you provide me with?
- Do you work with other agencies and agents?
- You say your whole team will work together to sell this property, how can I be sure when they have their own listings to prioritise?
- What steps do I need to undertake to prepare my home for sale?
We hope you find these questions helpful. Please feel free to call Natalie on 0411 874 969 or Jodi on 0417 970 642 to discuss these or any other questions you might have.